permaculture - Hippies and NGO�s

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marsha Hanzi <mhanzi@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Hippies and NGO´s
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:22:42 -0800 (PST)

Being of the "original" 60´s crew, for some time I was sad and disappointed-
we never imagined that the changes would take so long! It was all so exciting
and inspiring back then.

But if you look at where they have gone to, you will see that many, myself
included, decided that it was not enough to withdraw from society- you had to
take concrete action.

So if you look at NGO´s you will find that many of their founders are from
that epoch. I think that´s where many hippies have gone to. Still plugging
away at it..

Marsha Hanzi
(Brazil)
www.marsha.com.br