permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Madison Peak Oil Group (Madison, Wisconsin): 'Switch to Solar Power the EASY way' at relocalize.net]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: KNat <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Madison Peak Oil Group (Madison, Wisconsin): 'Switch to Solar Power the EASY way' at relocalize.net]
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:35:14 -0600

Keith Johnson wrote:
blog entry 'Switch to Solar Power the EASY way' by tomcatino

Is the Sun finally rising on Solar Power?
This is a common scheme round us. In fact they have gotten competitive. One question to ask is who gets the green credits for taxes. The company we went with took the credits (which are hard for an individual to market but are a brokered commodity) for the installation. The state paid 75% if we only installed up to 80% of our existing usage (we economized afterwards, of course.) Our 25% is being paid off at 80% of local cost for electricity produced (to guarantee us a savings) for up to 20 years or until paid off, with one free removal and reinstallation in case we want to reroof in that time or one remove, patch and pack if we move and don't want to leave contract with next people. Any replacements free (converters currently lasting 15 years) and they do annual inspection. It'll be paid off much sooner and the power company had to pay us last year. Oh well. We can buy out any time but we lose our automatic warranty. That's a pretty normal contract now.

Kathyann