permaculture - Re: [permaculture] remote design consults, was Re:The Long Emergency and Financial Planning

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] remote design consults, was Re:The Long Emergency and Financial Planning
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 01:13:31 -0500

I've only done 4 remote designs on properties I have not seen.
Lots of good photos and topos plus site evaluation questionnaires <http://www.permacultureactivist.net/design/questionaire.htm> and phone conversations have given me enough data to make good maps and recommendations. Urge the client to take photos looking away from and across the boundaries of the site in addition to those of the site for additional contextual references.

yarrow@sfo.com wrote:
If anyone has successfully done a site map without visiting the site, I'd be curious to learn how it was done.
--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."