permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The End of Ingenuity

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sustain_ability@123mail.org
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The End of Ingenuity
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:30:58 -0500

Mutual funds were touted originally as the perfect way to spread the
risk and "make money". As the Big Oil paradigm embraced us like a boa
constrictor, mutual became an oxymoron in the financial sense, and now
in the political sense, also.

Lion Kuntz (http://www.ecosyn.us/Welcome/07/index.html and mostly here -
http://h2-pv.us/wiki/) promotes a hydrogen-based replacement paradigm
for the fossil fuel component of the era of Big Oil.

Much of the research Lion refers to has been sitting on the dusty shelf
of the Age of Affluence, and the associated patents are only now
expiring. Companies who could afford to do the research could also
afford to ignore it.

What motivates me is that we can avoid the current geopolitical storm in
the Middle East (and its consequences) by reducing the value of its oil
to almost nil. Imagine 100 years worth of Big Oil (at current
consumption rates) reduced in both financial and political importance to
that of New Zealand! (Ironically, N.Z. is associated with the
birthplace(s) of permaculture?)

Profitably yours
George
http://transitions.stumbleupon.com

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 11:18:47 -0500, "Jim"
<ashevillecurrencyproject@gmail.com> said:
> The End of Ingenuity
> http://www.homerdixon.com/articles/20061129-nytimes-endofingenuity.html
>
> By THOMAS HOMER-DIXON