permaculture - [permaculture] Thailand permaculture contacts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Timb <timb@asis.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Thailand permaculture contacts
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 07:43:13 -0800

I do not have any direct permaculture contacts in Thailand however I know of
some projects that 90 to 95 percent of practicing permaculturists would be
interested in.

I recently attended a fair trade event that featured a quite remarkable rice
farmer and global citizen named Ubon Yuwa. He is associated with several
organizations including transfair, engage the world, and the alternative
agriculture network. Slide shows from his recent US speaking engagements are
available online. Also www.engagetheworld.org has an internship program in
Thailand

Kleiworks has been active in Thailand. They surely have contacts though I
did not see anything current on their website.
http://www.kleiwerks.org/archive_thailand.php

One of my friends had an awesome experience on an organized interfaith
forest walk. As I understand it their is a tradition of forest walking as a
meditative practice in Thai bhuddism.

Message sent using ASIS WebMail

  • [permaculture] Thailand permaculture contacts, Timb, 01/05/2007