permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Conservation Land Trusts & Permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tom Gorman <tom@honeychrome.com>
  • To: coldestsnow@aol.com, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Conservation Land Trusts & Permaculture
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:22:08 -0500

Joe-
I don't personally have any experience with permaculture implementation on a land trust, but I know that Kevin of the Hudson Valley Eco Village (which didn't get off the ground, but the email list is still active) was dealing with such issues on some land in upstate NY last year. You might be able to contact him through their Yahoo group page: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/HVEcovillage/

if you haven't checked it out yet, take a look at Dave Jacke's Edible Forest Gardens volumes. Rather pricey, but his take on permaculture is specific to the Northeast and seems to me perfectly compatible with the philosophy behind a land trust while generating and enhancing productivity.

Please keep the list informed of what you find out and what happens, as permaculture implementation in conjunction with land trust conservation could be an effective combination.

Tom