permaculture - [permaculture] Attn: Permageeks and webmasters - conversation for growth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, openpermaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>, BPG <bloomingtonpermacultureguild@lists.riseup.net>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Attn: Permageeks and webmasters - conversation for growth
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:21:29 -0500

I'd like to increase traffic to and revenue from the Activist website. PayPal for books and subscriptions has helped. AdSense is starting to kick in a little bit.

Buying a house has been a huge incentive to increase earning (funny how debt can do that...I'd been debt free for a number of years prior to this).

I'd like to converse further (off-list or another list) on the subject of profiting from and promoting permaculture websites, services, and products. How can we help each other? What works? What doesn't?

Getting linked at more sites is good and I'm happy to reciprocate. Do you have services and products to sell that might benefit from more exposure at our site?

Would you buy an ad on our site? Would I pay you for an ad on your site? How much...etc.

Wearing several hats to generate multiple incomes is the only way we seem to be able to make it. Just teaching, as we've all noticed, doesn't do it.

Conservation, of course, makes every federal reserve note go further and we are on top of that.

We grow a lot of our food and that will only increase as our landscape matures. Personally it wouldn't take a huge increase in income to be able share some excess and that is what I'd do with it when it occurs. I'd LOVE to help others be more successful.

So, thanks in advance for your willingness to consider this.

Keith

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."

  • [permaculture] Attn: Permageeks and webmasters - conversation for growth, Keith Johnson, 12/26/2006