permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Food crops in Guatemala

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Dylan Ford" <dford@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Food crops in Guatemala
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:49:49 -0500

"Lawrence F. London, Jr wrote
> The Colors of Guatemala
> Chichicastenango
> http://www.pbase.com/sveetzel/image/39305857
> Makes me hungry just looking at these lovely fresh vegetables.
> Can anyone identify all of them?

Howdy Lawrence - My guess would be Cilantro directly behind the lady, celery
off her left shoulder, I think endive in the rolled down bag, I can't see
enough of the large leaf but I think it is more cilantro again next to the
red radishes, then white potatoes in the white bags, shallots beneath the
soda can and perhaps beets to her right. Anyone that looks at the picture
Lawrence gave the address for, left click on the picture and you will see
the whole gallery. Unbelievably lovely people and clothing and colors. I
wonder how they make the dyes? dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.