permaculture - Re: [permaculture] wild world of wiki

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Christine Wiseman <clwpaints@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] wild world of wiki
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:10:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello, fellow Central Californian Permi,

Right now I am up to my eyeballs in finals but I have a resource in mind
that you may find useful. In Aptos, California (Santa Cruz Co) is a
wonderful native plant nursery called Native Revival. They have the most
helpful book there for purchase, that they have put together which I
reference all the time...and it is free with a purchase of $100 or more. In
it, they list hundreds of native plants (which grow wild and pop up in many a
garden and therefore may be labeled as weeds...we call them pioneer plants).
Along with cultural preferences and physical appearances it also lists
Wildlife Value and Native American uses, including basic medicinal uses. So
if you are in the neighborhood, look them up.

Christine

jaj@rambly.com wrote:

hello! i am a garden farmer on the west coast. currently exploring NoDig beds
and worm-compatible compost piles near the beach. small-scale (single tree)
agroforestry. i have been noticing the topic of community sites and wikis
floating by more and more often, so i wanted to share my own
research/collaboration sites.

http://nativeherbs.tiddlyspot.com
this one i just set up in a few hours yesterday, for a class project. anyone
is
welcome to edit it.

http://rambly.tiddlyspot.com
this was the first one, i jsut pasted all my postie notes from my desktop, but
havent organized them much yet.

tiddlyspots are free. pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. just
make a word have two capital letters and no space (NoSpace) and it becomes a
wikiword, with its own new tiddler.