permaculture - [permaculture] Help APPLE* bloom. (*Alliance for Post Petroleum Local Economics)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: BPG <bloomingtonpermacultureguild@lists.riseup.net>, openpermaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>, Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Help APPLE* bloom. (*Alliance for Post Petroleum Local Economics)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:32:47 -0500

https://www.fundable.org/groupactions/groupaction.2006-12-11.6226930607?token=EC-57289264B7019751M

I'm using Fundable.org to generate necessary funds to support the growth of APPLE, Alliance for Post Petroleum Local Economics in Bloomington IN which needs money to purchase items for a community-shared library of educational materials (books, DVD's, movies), a new printer and office supplies to generate promotional materials (flyers, posters, advertising) for events (workshops / trainings, film festivals, conferences, slide shows), and a digital projector for these events. See <http://www.relocalize.net/groups/applebloomington> for an introduction to our work and / or to become a member.

Our focus is to generate educational events to support local citizens in localizing their food needs by supporting, or becoming, well-trained food growers, especially of perennial food plants. We will offer training in Urban Farming, Urban Orcharding, and Urban Forestry. As a community we can be more resilient in the face of rising fuel and production costs, become less dependent on long-distance transport, and reduce our need to earn by being local producers of goods and services.

Overall we aim to help our community reduce our dependence on fossil fuel required for transportation by developing ride-sharing plans, supporting the local bus service, shopping locally whenever possible, inventorying local gardens and fruit trees to expand community harvesting, develop more community gardens, work with nearby growers, ranchers, etc. to source produce, eggs,and meat.

These actions will be magnified by cooperation with the members of various community orgs who share similar goals like the Bloomington Permaculture Guild, the Center for Sustainable Living, Bloomingfoods Co-op, The Hoosier Environmental Council, The Slow Food Movement, City of Bloomington Commission on Sustainability, Green Dove, The Local Growers Guild, Bloomington Organic Growers Assoc, Heartwood Forest Alliance, and others. My Fundable.org username is KDJ

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."

  • [permaculture] Help APPLE* bloom. (*Alliance for Post Petroleum Local Economics), Keith Johnson, 12/11/2006