permaculture - [permaculture] Red Rock, TX Recycling Day Party & Potluck

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, <yewgrovecuups@yahoogroups.com>, <austinperm@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Red Rock, TX Recycling Day Party & Potluck
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:31:56 -0600

Red Rock, TX is about 40 miles SE of Ausitn.

Everyone welcome to attend!!!

Get ready for some really good fun. Long time Red Rock resident MaryBeth is
hosting a recycling day party & potluck at her home. This year it's the
Saturday before Thanksgiving, November 18, starting around 2pm and going
until???

Technically, Texas Recycling Day is Wednesday, November 15th, but who wants
to party on a Wednesday? Check out www.texasrecyclesday.org. This year,
in addition to bottle-building projects, we're also going to have solar-
oven and twig oven-demonstrations in the afternoon.

MaryBeth says:

Come anytime afternoon through whenever and stay as long, or short, as you
want. We'll start about 2 pm for those of you who want to play with on
bottle-building projects - walls, walkways, retaining terracing - then stop
before dark to eat our potluck supper around six pm and relax around the
campfire, with songs & music, dancing, and poetry. Bring chairs, musical
instruments,snacks, potluck, BYOB, friends... Children welcome!. You're
also welcome to camp out, if you'd like. If the skies are clear, my little
Art Ranch will be an excellent place to see the Leonid Meteor Showers
http://leonid.arc.nasa.gov/ and www.arm.ac.uk/leonid/.

I can always use more glass bottles etc, so bring them if you have them! Any
clean glass bottles or jars, any size is great - colors or clear. My son
Jesse has developed a mortar with recycled newspapers that works really well
& I'll teach you how to make that if you'd like. Recycled bottles are
wonderful to use for all kinds of building and art projects, including
retaining walls, privacy screens, and raised garden beds. When you come to
the party, you'll also see my 3-year-old bath-house/greenhouse made from
recycled bottles, as well as my new studio. The recycled bottles are
beautiful as well as functional!

Unneeded egg cartons also greatly appreciated and will be recycled by Kimber
who is a budding young entrepreneur in the egg & chicken business. .

Since this is a private residence and we don't want MaryBeth's address all
over the net... Please send an email to Marjory at forestgarden@gvtc.com
and we'll send the directions right out to you.

This will be an awesome good time.

  • [permaculture] Red Rock, TX Recycling Day Party & Potluck, Forest Garden, 11/14/2006