permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Books / biomass plants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Cesca Beamish" <cesca@cornerplotvegetables.co.uk>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Books / biomass plants
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:42:33 -0000

Hi,
you say - 'He recommends we grow our own materials for composting by using
space-efficient crops which will produce a large amount of biomass per unit
area. '
Has anyone any suggestions on plants (for mid uk) suitable for growing for
mulching material? I have sown a couple of beds of wheat and have got
patches of comfrey any/every where but looking for other possibilities

thanks
Cesca