permaculture - [permaculture] Medicinal Plants instructor

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Sharon Gordon" <gordonse@one.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Medicinal Plants instructor
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:31:38 -0400

I was reading the course listings at the Earth Knack site and thought that
John Mionczynski sounded like a person the permaculture community might want
to connect with. Or maybe people already have. Anybody know him?

They also have some other international people that they will be connecting
up with for traditional skills, but there is not enough info yet to know if
people might already know of them.

Info below.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net
********************
http://www.earthknack.com/courses.html

PLAN AHEAD for 2006 and 2007
Join Earth Knack on MEDICINAL PLANTS AND OLD WORLD WISDOM in the stunning
countryside of ZIMNE WODY, POLAND. You can expect an amazing cultural and
educational adventure! We will be hosted by Maciek and Magda Hawrylak in
their home village of Zimne Wody, which means cold water . We will learn to
identify, collect and understand the medicinal properties and interactions
of plants for curative and proactive medicines and food with guest
instructor John Mionczynski. Local elders will share traditional medicine
preparations and folk wisdom. Traditional skills in old world style like
cheese and sausage making, beer making, wood carving design and cultural
embroidery will be shown by local artisans. Poland is a treasure store of
largely unexplored archeological wonder. We will visit areas of
archeological interest that few people have yet seen. You will be immersed
in the daily rhythm and culture of the village of Zimne Wody, living with
local families and participating in their daily activities. Don't miss this
unique opportunity! Families welcome. Dates and prices to be announced:
local travel, meals, lodging and instruction included. We endeavor to keep
the daily rate around $100 for our international learning adventures. The
potential for a June 2006 (somewhere between the 4 - 18) trip can be
realized with the sign up of at least 6 participants. COME ON ALONG TO
EXPERIENCE A LEARNING ADVENTURE LIKE NO OTHER!

Our May, 2003 FIBERS FANTASTIC in Tirgu Neamt, ROMANIA was an incredible
experience! Don't miss our RETURN TO ROMANIA! Keep posted at www.earth
knack.com

Earth Knack's International Learning Adventures immerse students in the
daily rhythm of traditional life while learning heritage skills from local
hosts. Areas where people are still living an unbroken legacy of skills are
chosen from many diverse cultures around the world. WHERE IN THE WORLD WILL
EARTH KNACK GO NEXT? Keep yourself posted at www.earthknack.com P.O. # 508
Crestone, Co. 81131 719 256 4909

Our 2005 FIBERS FANTASTIC in Teotitlan del Valle, Oaxaca, Mexico was another
incredible experience! Don't miss future offerings to Teotitlan, living and
learning with the Zapotec artisans. A mother and daughter trip is being
designed for 2007.

Earth Knack's International Learning Adventures immerse students in the
daily rhythm of traditional life while learning heritage skills from local
hosts. Areas where people are still living an unbroken legacy of skills are
chosen from many diverse cultures around the world.

WHERE IN THE WORLD WILL EARTH KNACK GO NEXT?
Keep yourself posted at www.earthknack.com P.O. # 508 Crestone, Co. 81131
719 256 4909

  • [permaculture] Medicinal Plants instructor, Sharon Gordon, 10/11/2006