permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: ABC Television Inquiry

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Douglas Carnall" <dougie@navarino.org.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: ABC Television Inquiry
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:37:55 +0100

At Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:56:23 -0500 dtv@mwt.net wrote:

>but chickened out... or got wise

why'd you back out?

producer's premises superficially plausible

i'm new to list btw. been lurking for a few weeks. sent this to yr
moderator to persuade him/her to let me on:

Hello,

I got interested in permaculture at Glastonbury Festival in 2005, when I
was served some delicious permacultured bhagees. Since becoming attuned
to the concept I have gained a little knowledge in various discussions
and workshops with activists. Specifically, I have one question which I
will ask the list by way of introducing myself, which is, which one book
would they recommend for the beginner.

More generally, I am looking for a new interest in life, and I think the
cultivation of plants might just be it. I'm a doctor (GP), and I'm quite
interested in growing and studying medicinal herbs. I have a small
London garden (4sq m southfacing at the front, 60sq m northfacing at the back)

I've been sending email to mailing lists since 1994, and like to think
of myself as a fairly disciplined and on-topic reader and contributor to
lists. I even wrote this once: <http://navarino.org.uk/carnall/
art_of_email.html>.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to joining,

forgive current telegraphic no caps style, broke me arm didn'I?

regards to all

D.

--
Dougie Carnall