permaculture - [permaculture] new university

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles de Matas" <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] new university
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 23:36:31 +0000

Keith,
Thank you very very much for the link to the Wa Samaki website. It's quite possible that I may not have heard anything about it from local sources and missed it completely. But I'll certainly get in touch with them and register for the design course in January. It's is a wonderful opportunity for me, and I will not want to miss it. I will get my brother to come along also, and I'll try to see if I can sponsor some young person who is interested in that kind of thing.
The name Hugh Skinner is familiar. I think I have one of his books. He sometimes writes articles in the press, seems to be an anthropologist or something. Had no idea he was into permaculture until now, but I would be eager to learn from him at the design course.
Finally got some time to start my letter to the Minister of Science, technology and tertiary education. When I'm finished I'll show it to a guy who works near to me that I know from biodynamic association meetings, and ask him to sign jointly. The new university is the best idea the government has had for years, and I'm hoping that the minister has the wisdom to do something which will make a very positive impact on the country.

Charles
T&T

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/