permaculture - [permaculture] Free speech is becoming illegal in Australia, too.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, openpermaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Free speech is becoming illegal in Australia, too.
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:46:57 -0400

http://www.freespeechoz.com/

*Free Speech Oz came into being because of growing opposition in the Bellingen (NSW) and surrounding areas to the sedition provisions contained in the Australian federal government's Anti Terrorism Act 2005 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Anti-Terrorism_Bill_2005>. Now national and with an international readership, we are a non-violent group and therefore seek to express our opposition through peaceful means.*

We are a growing group of Australian citizens from various walks of life who hold the traditional democratic view that people have the right to speak out on issues and to criticise and oppose the government, if they so wish. We believe that governments do not have the right to arrest and prosecute people who express disaffection or ill will towards the government. A non-profit network, we are not affiliated to a political party nor do we align ourselves with any religious or other organization.

--
Keith Johnson
Permaculture Activist Magazine

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

  • [permaculture] Free speech is becoming illegal in Australia, too., Keith Johnson, 10/06/2006