permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Seedballs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: jimbones@seedballs.com
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Seedballs
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- mangodance <bmn@iglou.com> wrote:
> Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> >>It looks like it was renewed (or picked up) in May. Unfortunate. I'd
> >>have supported it if I knew it was available.
> >
> > You mean someone else bought the domain out from under Jim Bones?
> > Has he started up anywhere else?
>
> Can't quite tell. It has a registrar block on the true owner, but it
> does have a date of May 06. He may have re-registered, or it may have
> lapsed. The abrupt change makes me think it is the latter.

Looks like Caffe.Net LLC has a few problems. Seedballs.com maps to the same
computer as caffe.net
and the IP 204.83.220.131 pulls up the same in the browser as caffe.net.
Seedballs.com pulls up a
directory listing with xindex.html, which hints as coming from the same mind
as seen in wayback
archives.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050326090847/www.seedballs.com

This smells of server crash and hints at nobody being able to complete the
recovery (or aware it
needs to be done). I have simpathy, since I experienced my own crash in
July. Seems like some
software still needs to be installed that the seedball site depends upon.

-Sean.