permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Book Recommendation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: KNat <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Book Recommendation
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:15:22 -0500

Michelle Maggiore wrote:
Hello All,

I wanted to mention a book I just finished, "Last Child in the Woods-saving our
children from Nature deficit Disorder", written by Richard Louv, published in
2005.
The book does not focus on fear, and it also offers possible solutions,
which is why it is refreshing and I feel so strongly about recommending it
to you all....
I would be interested in discussing this book further off-list if you have
read it, or if you decide to read it.
I too enjoy this book. We bought a copy for each of the teachers in our school and a few extras for a parents book study.

Hooked on Nature is promoting with it.
http://www.hookedonnature.org/

Low is speaking to launch Bay Area, No Child Left Inside Campaign.
http://www.cnaturenet.org/leave_no_child.html

I'd love offlist dialogue too.
Kathyann