permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 44, Issue 9

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Wendy Smyer Yu" <creeksinger@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 44, Issue 9
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:57:11 -0700

I see it swinging one of two ways - either tighter control (on many levels) or way-too-extended complexity (top heavy inefficiency) ending in unravelling of the whole thing. Attachment to a nation, and expecting it's unending continuity, runs contrary to historical evidence that none survive eternally. It's a question of which way it'll swing, though, or how long each swing of the continuum lasts.

There'll be interesting wrinkles to iron out if it does go through (ie. Canada: guilty 'til proven innocent (or so I've been told); or, so much for the plan to escape with one's llamas to Canada when it comes down to being monitored within an inch of one's livestock-related-life in the U.S.)...

I agree - keep on with the "small" work of planting and all... though this society's insistence on large and cumbersome governance is troubling...

WSY