permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Teacher Training, September 20-25, So. OR

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lisa in Oregon <lisamaciver8@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Teacher Training, September 20-25, So. OR
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

ADVANCED CERTIFICATION
Permaculture Teacher Training
w/ Jude Hobbs and Tom Ward

September 20-25, 2006
7-Seeds Farm, Williams (southern) Oregon
Tuition: $600-675, personal sliding scale.

There is still space available for this fantastic opportunity to
explore the overlap between education and Permaculture. The world is
in great demand for those of us who are going to take a leadership role
in our communities in order to make the logically necessary transition
to a sustainable society.

Contact: Chris Byrne:
ashlandpermaculture@gmail.com or 541.206.7033

Donations for Scholarships gladly accepted!

This class will be held at 7-Seeds Farm in Williams, Oregon on
September 20-25, 2006.
We are very excited to have the opportunity to present this course at
one of the premier Permaculture sites in Oregon!

Tuition of $600-675 (sliding scale) includes course materials, camping,
and 3 organic meals per day. A Deposit of $200 will hold your place in
the course. Before 9/6/2006, a $50 fee will be applied to
cancellations. After 9/6/2006 the deposit is not refundable.

National and International Participation. In addition to the 40 years
of combined teaching and design experience of Jude and Tom,
participants from across the country and the world are expected. This
includes a participant from Nepal who has been granted a full
scholarship in order to attend.

Advanced Certificates from a Recognized Permaculture Lineage. We have
had great success teaching the standard Permaculture Design Course
curriculum by Bill Mollison. We also believe each course to be taught
needs to speak directly to local conditions and the specific skills of
the presentersÂ’ team. This Teacher Training Course unfolds like a
design methodology and advocates the PDC Curriculum.

The prerequisite for the class is a Permaculture Design Course
Certificate.
In some cases, to be determined by the instructors, prior experience
with Permaculture will be accepted for participation. In the case of
the latter, the Teacher's Training Certificate for this course will be
held until a Design Course certificate is presented.

Site Logistics, Guests, etc.:
If you are not comfortable camping (outdoor solar showers), there are
options for accommodations in the area (not included in the tuition).
Please let us know if you would like a list of recommendations.
There is childcare available in the immediate area. This will be the
responsibility of the parent, though we have inquired and obtained a
recommendation from the local community. Please let me know and I will
send you the contact information.

Guests not attending the course will be charged a site use and meals
fee appropriate to the situation. The age of children will also be
considered in determining the fee.
Swimming ponds on site!
No open flames.
If you have outstanding questions or concerns not addressed herein,
please feel free to contact me (info below) for further information.

We look forward to your participation in the Permaculture Teacher
Training!