permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Reactivating Permaculture UK

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Graham <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: pcforum@epfsolutions.org.uk, PermaLearners <permalearnersuk@yahoogroups.com>, Permaculture UK list <permaculture_uk@yahoogroups.co.uk>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, Permaculture Association <office@permaculture.org.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Reactivating Permaculture UK
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:26:38 +0100

Nice one John! Good to see the forum up and running again...

I was intending to go to the Diploma session myself but was far too hungover and opted for a nice gentle tree walk instead...

Have cc'd your message to the PCUK discussion list and International Permaculture list for the information of others

Cheers for now, Graham

pcforum@epfsolutions.org.uk wrote:

Hello Graham Burnett,

The following is an email sent to you by JohnB via your account on
Permaculture UK. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments
you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following
address:

pcforum@permaculture-jb.me.uk

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this email has been set to that of JohnB.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Permaculture UK forum was started by Andy Benn some time ago, and was
very active for a while. Late last year Andy had to give up running it, and
as it was hosted on my web space he asked me to take it over. Until now I
haven't had time to do this, but the Permaculture Convergence near Dorchester
last weekend inspired me to get things moving again.

You may be a long standing member from the time when it was active, or
someone who has registered more recently and found nothing happening. Either
way it would be great if we could get some inspiring and useful discussion
about permaculture going. It will obviously take a while, but please make the
effort to start a discussion, and keep checking for new activity.

The forum is now at a new location, http://www.epfsolutions.org.uk/forum, and
visitors to the old location will find a link to redirect them.

The real inspiration for me to reactivate the forum was the convergence workshop on the
Permaculture Diploma, where we all agreed there is a need for students and teachers to
be able to make contact and support each other. I have set up a new section for this
purpose. Any registered user can currently read messages in this section, but only
people who are part of the diploma process can make postings. You will find details of
how to gain access in the "Information and Announcements" forum. I'm open to
suggestions about the structure of this section, and any other part of Permaculture UK
as well.

I look forward to your active participation.

John Boshier

  • Re: [permaculture] Reactivating Permaculture UK, Graham, 09/05/2006