permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A diet for worms

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: hannah brumerskyj <han_ysic@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A diet for worms
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:23:02 +1000 (EST)

Make sure you microwave or boil the potato peelings first or they will
sprout, not good for worms.
Hannah

Charles de Matas <cdematas@hotmail.com> wrote:
I'm thinking of starting a small worm bin to recycle some of my kitchen
scraps. I'll try torn newspapers and cocopeat (coir) as a bedding material.
I usually have a good supply of discarded lettuce leaves which I think the
worms would like. Maybe I can give them potato peelings and pulp from a
juicer.

Charles.