permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: OT: BBC NEWS | Health | 'Friendly bacteria' gumforteeth]]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: OT: BBC NEWS | Health | 'Friendly bacteria' gumforteeth]]
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:45:00 -0400

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Good sources for macrobiotic foods and Japanese vegetable knives by mail
order:
Food
http://www.natural-lifestyle.com
Knives
http://www.japanesecutlery.com/cutlery/householdcutlery.html

And asian seeds if you want to grow your own vegetables:

Kitazawa Seed Company: Asian Vegetable Seeds, Oriental Vegetables Seed
<http://www.kitazawaseed.com/index.html>
Chef Specialty Gardens
<http://www.kitazawaseed.com/chef_gardens.html>

C006 Macrobiotic Garden
The Macrobiotic Garden offers principal and supplemental vegetables that support a macrobiotic dietary approach. Experience gardening by growing your organic food source.
This Garden includes one packet each of the following:
#004 Azuki Red Bean
#049 Gai Choi Chinese Mustard
#151 Kurogoma Black Sesame Seed
#207 Lucky Lion Edamame Soybean
#169 Mappe Green Mung Bean
#070 Takinogawa Gobo Burdock
#090 Tokinashi All Season Daikon

C007 Shabu Shabu Garden
The Shabu Shabu Garden is our selection of basic vegetables for nabemono (one pot or hot pot) cooking whether it is shabu shabu, sukiyaki or torinabe. Grow your own vegetables for the freshest vegetable ingredients.
This Garden includes one packet each of the following:
#040 Dwarf Grey Sugar Snow Pea
#071 Ishikura Japanese Bunching Onion
#060 Maruba Santoh Chinese Cabbage
#162 Mini Sweet Carrot
#097 Omny All Season Daikon
#038 Orai All Season Spinach
#033 Shungiku Chrysanthemum Green

C008 Stir-Fry Garden
Our most popular vegetable varieties used for stir-frying are found in one specialty garden. Stir-fry a vegetable or try combinations of these vegetables to find the perfect balance of flavor.
This Garden includes one packet each of the following:
#040 Dwarf Grey Sugar Snow Pea
#049 Gai Choi Chinese Mustard
#071 Ishikura Japanese Green Onion
#122 Joi Choi White Stem Pak Choi
#061 Green Lance Kailaan Chinese Broccoli
#055 Komatsuna
#121 Mei Qing Green Stem Pak Choi