permaculture - [permaculture] An Interview with Derrick Jensen

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, openpermaculture <permaculture@openpermaculture.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] An Interview with Derrick Jensen
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:19:51 -0400

http://www.counterpunch.org/engel08122006.html

An Interview with Derrick Jensen
Tearing Down the Master's House

(Snip)*
*What I really want is for people to think for themselves and feel for themselves and to listen to their own land base and to ask that land base. Start a relationship with the land where you live. Ask that land what it needs from you. Because the truth is the land is the basis for everything. It's embarrassing to even have to say that, but -- and this is something else I think is really important -- the only measure by which we will be judged by the people who come after is the health of the land base, because that is what is going to support them. They are not going to give a shit whether or not we were pacifists; they are not going to give a shit if we supported Israel or we didn't support Israel; whether we voted green or democrat or republican or not at all. What they are going to care about is whether they can drink the water, whether they can breathe the air, whether the land can support them. One of the important questions is to ask what does the land need from you.

--
Keith Johnson
Permaculture Activist Magazine

Checked by AVG Free Edition.