permaculture - [permaculture] ipc8 in brasil

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "florar" <florar@terra.com.br>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] ipc8 in brasil
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:29:00 -0400

Dear Permies - I am passing this letter on to the international
permaculture movement as requested by the Permear Permaculturists Network at
their recent anuual meeting in Brasilia. Thank you

Skye

Dear Permaculture Friends,
We recently learned from friends in Australia and the United States that the
IPC-8 is to be held here in Brazil in 2007.

We are a group of Brazilian Permaculturists, some with more than 20 years of
experience. We work locally and regionally in various forms: private and
community projects, in institutes, with indigenous communities , with
farmers, universities, social movements and professionally as rural and urban
consultants. Over the years, as result of the need to share experiences and
mutual inspiration, the Permear Permaculturists Network was born, which has,
as basic characteristics, the ethics of permaculture, interpersonal
relationships and free exchange of information, through internet forums and
in periodic meetings which occur in the various regions of the country.

Our network is growing as desired, naturally and organically. At present we
are 40 members spread over the various ecosystems in Brazil in projects which
involve many other permaculturists , in 9 states of this immense country.

In our last meeting in Brasilia, in July of 2006, we decided that, for us,
the IPC-8 is important and inspiring. We will be happy and proud to present
our projects in the convergence and share our experiences with other
permaculturists. As such, we will be participating in the event as any other
permaculturist would, through the official site of the event. It is our
intention that our interactions be positive for all and principally for the
development of Permaculture in Brazil.

Furthermore, we would be happy to offer our permaculture sites for
visitation from those colleagues who will be coming to this continent called
Brazil. Our doors will be open before and after the events of the IPC-8.
Those interested should enter in contact directly with us individually. Visit
our site www.permear.org.br

Best wishes to all ,

Members of Permear, Brazilian Permaculturists

  • [permaculture] ipc8 in brasil, florar, 07/27/2006