permaculture - [permaculture] hope and what to do about our hell

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] hope and what to do about our hell
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:07:29 +0000

it's also entirely possible that is necessary that we have both the folks
working from the top down and those of us folks working from the bottom up.
i'm not an environmentalist in the sense that i am attending rallies on the
other side of the country. but i am working from my own corner by teaching
the kids that all snakes do not have to be killed just because they are a
snake. and my boys have grown up hunting only what they intend to eat, not
just target shooting at the little birds like so many of their friends do.
we've learned to eat things that grow around us, and grow things that don't.
and we've learned that wild animals have their place and we don't have to
utilize our space in a way that excludes them from theirs. in short, we are
learning respect for all of life and even things that most consider non-life,
like rocks. hopefully, my family takes this type of thinking and will live
the rest of their lives wherever they go as they get married and grow up and
spread it to their children. maybe even some friends will be influenced along
the way. as i offer classes on wildcrafting and herbalism, foks in my area
will take some of this home with them, too. It's my own small contribution to
the solution. i appreciate the work that the top-down folks are doing and i
wish more people appreciated the work that bottom-up folks are doing, too.

roxann