permaculture - [permaculture] Debono's thinking hats was Re: perception, observation, and design-was schooling

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Graham <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Debono's thinking hats was Re: perception, observation, and design-was schooling
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:49:14 +0100

Here's my mindmap of Debono's Thinking Hats from the Permawiki

http://permaculture.wikia.com/wiki/DeBono%27s_6_Thinking_Hats

I've liked reading deBono because he's helping me think about systems of
observation that _widen_ my sphere of perception instead of narrowing it.

Not coincidentally, deBono talks about good thinking as a process of
"design" as opposed to more one-dimensional "problem-solving" or "critical
thinking." Very pertinent to the permacultural mindset, obviously. I love
how all these seemingly different ideas, at bottom, reveal themselves to be
part of the same whole--like the elephant and the blind men. (My farmers'
market newsletter is entitled The Whole Elephant Enterprise, partly because
it gave me the acronym WHEE!, to remind me that this thing ought to be fun
as well as serious.)

Thanks,
Jenny