permaculture - Re: [permaculture] de-schooling society

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kathryn Frey <kathryn_frey@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] de-schooling society
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:29:18 -0700 (PDT)

we have homeschooled for years, had some late readers who don't know that
they were and therefore were not distinguished from their peers because of
it. my second oldest just graduated from college and he was homeschooled from
the fifth grade. we have a loosely organized approach, we follow the
children's interests mostly (other than core subjects such as math, english,
etc) and it worked wonders for five active, curious boys who would rather be
outside climbing rocks.
we are babies in permaculture, just getting our feet wet. i have learned a
lot just lurking about on the board, reading the posts. i appreciate
everyone's input.
kathryn

Charles de Matas <cdematas@hotmail.com> wrote:
Very interesting discussion on home-schooling. I did not realize there were
so many home-schooled people out there. I don't have children and I'm
reaching and age where I'm thinking less of having a family and more about
early retirement. But if I did have children I would certainly give serious
consideration to home-schooling.

Charles.