permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture Design Certification, August, Ithaca, NY

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture Design Certification, August, Ithaca, NY
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:38:07 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:13:19 -0400
From: Michael Burns <burns@PANIX.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

AUGUST 2006 TWO WEEK INTENSIVE:
PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATION COURSE

presented by
THE FINGER LAKES PERMACULTURE INSTITUTE
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org

AUGUST 10 - 26, 2006

held at the Cayuga Nature Center
http://www.cayuganaturecenter.org
5 miles north of Ithaca, NY

Instructors:
Karryn Olson–Ramanujan
Steve Gabriel, and Andrew Jones

Ethics - Principles - Ecology - Whole Systems
Water - Soils - Trees - Pattern - Climate
Earthworks - Economics - Gardening
Waste Treatment - Buildings - Tools
Appropiate Technology - Design

$1075 includes food and camping (with facilities)
in the Cayuga Nature Center's woods.

Spend two weeks immersed in the language of nature;
looking at natural systems and how we can mimic
them in our own lives.

We will use the backdrop of the Finger Lakes bioregion
to consider specific local issues of energy use,
water catchment, season extension, and food forests.

There'll be plenty of hands-on design projects at the
Cayuga Nature Center's historic White Farm, our new
demonstration site.

Here's what some of our past students had to say:

"The Permaculture Design course with FLPCI has been
both a quantitatively and qualitatively rich experience
in sustainable living design. The teachers (Steve
Gabriel and Karryn Olson-Ramanujan) are dedicated and
organized with the material, as well as responsive to
their students."

"The material we covered encompasses an enormous amount
of information, but due to the well-prepared presentation
offered by the FLPCI staff, it has always felt easy to
grasp... I feel they have prepared me to take what I’ve
learned and begin applying it in ways that will make my
own life and the land I steward far more rewarding and
fruitful."

“The course has been by far one of the most
useful and inspiring educational experiences
I have ever had the benefit of."

A Permaculture certificate demonstrates to others that
you have earned the right to use the word "permaculture"
for design practice and further personal study by
completing an internationally recognized curriculum.

As is with most education, the importance is not in the
paper, but in the process. Finger Lakes Permaculture
Institute Design Certificate graduates walk away with
a better understanding of systems and how they can observe,
design and work toward positive change in their environments.
An in-depth look at the theories, best-practices, and
methodologies combined with day-long study, collaboration
and practice create an intense and inspirational learning event.

--------------------------------------
For more information:
info@fingerlakespermaculture.org
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
Steve Gabriel: 303-815-3535
Michael Burns: 607-227-0316
P.O. Box 54
Ithaca, NY 14851
FLPCI is a project of the Cayuga Nature Center
(www.cayuganaturecenter.org)

Please share this announcement with anyone
who may be interested.

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture Design Certification, August, Ithaca, NY, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 07/12/2006