permaculture - Re: [permaculture] cleaning up old messages before sending replys

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] cleaning up old messages before sending replys
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:44:42 +1000

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 1:31 am, E. E. Mitchamore Jr wrote:
] My preferred compromise is to retain the previous post (only) and
] delete older parts of the thread. Since I participate in many
] forums and conversations, it's hard to keep them straight
] without some context.

Your mail client should provide this, and/or snipping out the
irrelevant sections, quoting the relevant sections, and avoiding
top-posting .. all work well to provide context and readability.

Mind you, the last couple of 700+ line messages were really quite
extraordinary examples -- happily the exception.

Because it destroys the logical flow of a conversation.

Why is it uncomfortable to top-post?

Jedd.