permaculture - Re: [permaculture] biofuel

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "D.A. Riley" <permascape@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] biofuel
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:08:47 -0700 (PDT)

We have a 1980 VW Rabbit that is our commuter car, gets 43 miles per gallon.
We are running it on Biodiesel, thanks to local activism by leaders in the
biofuel movement at Pacific Biofuel, in collaboration with USA fuel station
(mainstream providers of gasoline).

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2006/June/10/local/stories/01local.htm

or

http://www.metroactive.com/metro-santa-cruz/06.07.06/nuz-0623.html

Sure, this is Santa Cruz California, the Left coast. Home of many
environmental experiments and fine weather year round. We don't kid
ourselves that this is THE answer for the world. As for now, it is a
solution which will most likely lead to other solutions by introducing a
wider population of conventional thinkers to alternatives in fuel usage.

Making convenient the access of biofuels at a standard filling station
provides a point of education for others who have no idea there's an
alternative. Each time I fill up, I talk with people of every stripe who
then become interested. I don't curse them either because we all have to
start learning somewhere, as I did.

Think diesel generators, tractors, buses, 18-wheelers and other work
vehicles that are throwing amazing amounts of particulates into the
air...and imagine it smelling like a cleaner fish n' chips instead.

Mr. Pittman was right on with his comments and I'm slowly heading in that
direction, for now I'll be decending thataway in a biofueled vehicle.

D.A.

Each One Teach One

Message: 1