permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Biofuel Illusion

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kathyann <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Biofuel Illusion
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 10:40:31 -0500

I hear there are people fueling their diesel powered cars and trucks with pure vegetable oil.

Can this really be done?

My son is working on conversion (friend's done his next) So far his runs on
homebrewed biodiesel which doesn't require 2nd tank or heater.

Good resources at http://www.journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library.html
(a favorite site of mine)

My home furnace ran 10% filtered restaurant waste oil last 2 winters without
incident. We need a buying co-op to get biodiesel delivered here and I don't
dedicate enough time to brew my own yet.

Peace,
Kathyann