permaculture - [permaculture] Wet weather pond question: plantings for?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Wet weather pond question: plantings for?
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:59:19 -0400

I just dug a very small triangular pond in soil that will not hold water. I plan to line it tomorrow with rock dust/quarry pond fines. The fines will provide a clean, soft, extremely fine silty/sandy bottom and sides.
Water will flow from the adjoining watershed into it in wet weather so there may be a little standing water in it 6 months of the year. What would be good to plant in and around this pond, on the bottom, on the sides, around the rim?

LL

  • [permaculture] Wet weather pond question: plantings for?, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 07/04/2006