permaculture - [permaculture] FW: Hello out there: please, help save the largest urban farm in north america!!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Arina Pittman" <arina@ecoversity.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] FW: Hello out there: please, help save the largest urban farm in north america!!
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:40:48 -0600

For those of you in California - I am sure you are doing something already!

Arina M.Pittman
Executive Director
505-424-9797
www.ecoversity.org
EcoVersity - Training Sustainability Practitioners

Hello to my friends and family:

Recently I had the opportunity to help prevent the bulldozing of the
largest urban farm in North America- the Southcentral Farm in
downtown L.A.
Our occupation was successful in terms of buying time for further
negotiations with the city however the battle continues.
Rather than telling you the whole story about this incredible project
I am attaching their webpage which depicts the rich collective of
stories- revealing a true jewel in our urban wastelands.
I believe this story is a microcosm of the story of our agricultural
lands across the face of our planet- a story that supports the
balance between healthy lands and healthy communities.

Please visit this webpage and share it with anyone you know- and if
you are in L.A. or the area go by and visit it for yourself. It is a
life changing experience- after all- it is exactly about that- LIFE!!
in all its beautiful textures, flavors, scents and cultural grace.

I am happy to help answer any further questions.

Thank you for your support in this incredibly important cause.

Here's the sitelink:

http://www.southcentralfarmers.org

All Blessings
viva la tierra!!

Heather

Heather Yaryan
Environmental and Indigenous Planner

Regenesis Collaborative
www.regenesisgroup.com
320 Aztec Street
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501

work: 505-986-8338
cell: 505-899-5777

  • [permaculture] FW: Hello out there: please, help save the largest urban farm in north america!!, Arina Pittman, 06/07/2006