permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Water fuel????

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ben Martin Horst" <ben.martinhorst@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Water fuel????
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:55:02 -0700

Looks bogus to me. All they're doing is using electrolysis to
separate the oxygen and hydrogen in water,and burning the hydrogen ...
technology that's been around for a very long time. They claim to be
using some new tech to do this more efficiently, but the very nature
of electrolysing water means you're never going to get more energy out
than you put in. Like pretty much all the hydrogen-fuel options being
tossed around, they'll only ever be useful as energy storage
technologies, not energy production.

Ben
Willamette Valley