permaculture - [permaculture] Urban Farm, the TV Show, to Premiere May 1 at ASU

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Greg <FarmerGreg@UrbanFarm.org>
  • To: phxpermaculture@yahoogroups.com, Localtoglobaljustice@yahoogroups.com, Permaculture@openpermaculture.org, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Urban Farm, the TV Show, to Premiere May 1 at ASU
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:45:03 -0700

Hey all,

My friend Amy and I created a TV show concept three years ago. With an incredible production team, and the support of a generous grant from Arizona State Universityís (ASU's) Edson Entrepreneurial Initiative, our dream has become a reality! The Smart Spaces: Inside & Out Pilot will be premiering at ASU's Neeb Hall on Monday, May 1, 2006 at 7:00 PM. The event is open to everyone, admission is free by RSVPing to Amy@Urbanfarm.org. This is not a television broadcast event, it is a private screening to introduce you to our project.

I am very excited to share this with you and hope that you will come be a part of this exciting evening of information and entertainment. Please forward this to anyone that you feel would be interested. Also if you know anyone in the press or entertainment industry, please let me know so that we can invite them.

Our fun, hip TV show will entertain, inspire and inform! Along with an interactive Web site, the weekly TV show is designed to inspire viewers and illustrate how easy and inexpensive it can be to embrace green living and sustainability. The creative, easy-to-navigate Web site reinforces topics covered on the show and provides a learning community to support viewers as they make changes presented during the show.

The evening will begin with a meet & greet in the courtyard in front of Neeb Hall, where the following cool concepts, highlighted in the show, will be on display:

* Tim Day, Zap of Arizona, will showcase the new Americanized Smart car
* Matt Shannon, American Solar will explain photovoltaic solar panels
* Ken Beyer, The Skylight Guys, will extol the virtues of tubular skylights

The evening will then move on to the unveiling of the pilot, and an interactive session with the audience about what's next for the entire project.

Sustainability is clearly at the tipping point with media, business, and the public realizing that it is time for a change. Whatís missing is a way to educate mainstream American consumers. Thatís where Smart Spaces: Inside & Out comes to life. It easily explains What's in it for me?, while delivering a hip, savvy sustainability message.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Premiere. Please remember to RSVP to Amy@urbanfarm.org.

Greg
--

The Urban Farm