permaculture - [permaculture] BBC NEWS | In Depth | 2004 | In Depth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] BBC NEWS | In Depth | 2004 | In Depth
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:13:45 -0500

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/sci_tech/2004/planet/default.stm>

Planet under pressure special report
Last Updated: Thursday, 30 June, 2005, 14:02 GMT 15:02 UK

With humanity demanding more from the Earth than ever before, BBC News explores the planet's most pressing environmental problems in a six-part series.
Introduction

Animated guide
How the greenhouse effect might shape our climate

Mount Oregon, Gary Braasch Changed Earth
Before and after images of the effects of climate change

Kyoto era dawns
EU emissions trading scheme starts the carbon revolution

PART 1: BIODIVERSITY

Indochinese tiger cubs The sixth mass extinction?
Brazil's 'Noah's Ark' forest
Photojournal: Forest settler
Quiz: Species and extinction
Viewpoints: Saving species
Map: Biodiversity hotspots

PART 2: WATER

Namibia, BBC Running dry?
Marble trade sucks villages dry
Photojournal: On parched land
Quiz: World water crisis
Viewpoints: The water debate
Map: The world's water hotspots

PART 3: ENERGY

Heading for a crisis?
China's dirty energy takes its toll
In pictures: Amid the fumes
Quiz: Renewable energy
Viewpoints: Powering the planet
Alternatives to oil

Talking Point
How does climate change affect you? Can it be tackled?

Graph Climate evidence
Warming world, rising sea and melting ice

Alex Lin Saving the planet
Teenagers tell us how they would tackle environmental damage

PART 4: FOOD

Hands holding wheat Can the planet feed us?

Polish factory farms cause a stink
Photojournal: Inside a hog factory
Quiz: How green is your food?
Viewpoints: Food for all?

PART 5: POLLUTION

cyclist in the smog, AP Pollution: A life and death issue

Durban poor's pollution battle
Photojournal: Fight for clean air
Quiz: Are you pollution-savvy?
Map: Pollution hotspots

PART 6: CLIMATE CHANGE

Entering uncharted waters?

Bangladesh faces flooded future
Quiz: Clued up on climate?
Viewpoints: The way forward
BBC climate debate

Green gardening
See the results of our eco-friendly garden competition

2015 Where will we be?
BBC website exploring the UN's goals for the planet in 2015

Esso oil refinery Changing world
Your pictures of environmental change around the world

  • [permaculture] BBC NEWS | In Depth | 2004 | In Depth, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/20/2006