permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture activists in DC area?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ethan X <livetrii@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture activists in DC area?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:27:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear all comfooders,

I am helping to organize a conference in Washington DC
about peak oil & sustainability, sponsored by culturechange.org.

Can folks please share with me your suggestions about local
DC area (the more local the better, but you can think broadly,
i.e. the whole Mid-Atlantic bioregion) permaculture activists who
are inspiring speakers & could relate what they do to peak oil,
who you think we should invite to participate?

Also, we're especially seeking diverse perspectives, i.e.
speakers who are not white males!

Thanks for your help!! Sincerely ~ Ethan

"In the world I see -- you will stalk elk through the damp canyon forests
around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You will wear leather clothes that
last you the rest of your life. You will climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines
that wrap the Sears Tower, and when you look down, you will see tiny
figures pounding corn and laying strips of venison on the empty car pool
lane of some abandoned superhighway." Fight Club

Reclaim our Commons!
http://ReclaimTheCommons.Net
Reclaim our Future!
http://PeakOilAnarchy.blogspot.com