permaculture - [permaculture] Great Lakes Permaculture Project

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ethan X <livetrii@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Great Lakes Permaculture Project
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:40:49 -0800 (PST)

Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:14:08 -0000
From: "wvinekeeper" <vinekeeper@forestfarm.org>
Subject: intro Great Lakes Agroforestry

Hello Permaculturists~

Greetings from NW Lower Michigan and the Grand Traverse region.

We are a new cooperative of landowners seeking to manage our woodlands
and forests with a more permaculture-like spirit and awareness.
Education of landowners in permaculture practices is a major goal and
focus.

We hope to learn from the group here as we seek to build an active
alliance of multi-generational natural resource stewards. Your
suggestions are deeply respected and appreciated.

A key activity of this Great Lakes group is the increased production of
gourmet and medicinal mushrooms produced on the vast amount of
overstocked hardwood pole timber now choking many of our second growth
sites, but we market both timber and non-timber sustainably derived
forest products.

A new discussion group focusing on permaculture development in this 12
county region is available at:

We would love to communicate with anyone of a permacultural persuasion.

Thanks and be well

W. Vinekeeper