permaculture - [permaculture] 2006 Permaculture & Sustainable Community Design Program @ O.U.R. Eco-village

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Tyrone LaFay" <earthcaredesign@peacemail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, permaculture@openpermaculture.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] 2006 Permaculture & Sustainable Community Design Program @ O.U.R. Eco-village
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:55:55 -0800

Please excuse any cross-postings and please distribute
to any and all whom you think would be interested......

Greetings Change Agents,

Have you ever wanted to learn more about permaculture design and sustainable
communities? Here is a unique opportunity to live and learn permaculture &
sustainable community design in the supportive
environment of an emerging eco-village community. Please read the text below
and/or the attatched document for more information.

For the Earth,

Tyrone LaFay

Earthcare Design Solutions &
TOPIA: The Sustainable Community Learning Institute
Proudly Present

2006 Permaculture & Sustainable Community Design Internship
~May 31st - August 25th ~
O.U.R. Eco-village
Vancouver Island, Canada
www.ourecovillage.org

MODULE 1: the 2nd Annual Permaculture Design
Certification Course (PDC)
May 31st - June 16th

This is a 17-day, fully residential intensive course that meets the standard
requirements of the Permaculture Institute in Australia. The 72-hour PDC
course provides a foundation in ecological design science and associated
systems.

MODULE 2: 10-week Internship in Permaculture & Sustainable Community Design

June 19th - August 25th

Following the PDC, the program shifts into Module 2: a 10-week internship
format which focuses on self-directed learning through full community
immersion, guided instruction, hands-on exploration, and individual & group
design/build projects that will enhance and build upon the skills learned
within the PDC.

In addition, this year we are very excited to be including in the internship
a five day Eco-village & Sustainable Community Design Course facilitated by
the Village Design Institute (www.villagedesign.org).

>From August 28th to September 29th, participants are welcome to stay on at
>the eco-village for a practicum focused on harvesting, food processing and
>seed saving techniques.

Cost:

OPTION A: Module 1 & 2 Pc & Sust. Comm. Design
Internship Program: $4400CAN
~Module 1: PDC (2.5 weeks) & Module 2: Internship
Program (10 weeks)

OPTION B: Module 1 only: Permaculture Design Certification Course (2.5 wks)
~B1: Fully residential: $1400CAN
~B2: Non-residential: $1200CAN
~B3: PDC Graduate Refresher: $500CAN

OPTION C: Module 2 only (must hold a PDC Certificate): $3900CAN
~Permaculture & Sustainable Community Design
Internship (10 wks.)

$4400CAN includes camp, meals, tuition and field trips. Partial
scholarship opportunities are available. Please refer to the Scholarship
Application for more details (www.ourecovillage.org).
Upon acceptance, a non-refundable deposit of $250CAN will be required to hold
a position. The optional extended month practicum that runs until September
29th will only cost $450CAN for the month, which covers the participants site
costs.

For More Information & Applications Visit:
www.ourecovillage.org

Contact Tyrone LaFay: permaculture@ourecovillage.org
O.U.R. Eco-village ~ Box 530 ~ Shawnigan Lake,
B.C. ~ V0R 2W0 ~ Canada ~ 250.743.3067

"A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective
economist and evolutionary strategist."
- R. Buckminster Fuller

More than 300,000 seals could be killed in Canada this year - most of
them babies. Tell Canada's Prime Minister to stop the hunt now!
http://go.care2.com/stophunt

http://www.Care2.com Free e-mail. 100MB storage. Helps nonprofits.

  • [permaculture] 2006 Permaculture & Sustainable Community Design Program @ O.U.R. Eco-village, Tyrone LaFay, 03/10/2006