permaculture - Re: [permaculture] more re ethanol production

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "E.Christopher Mare" <ecmare@antiochsea.edu>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] more re ethanol production
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:46:43 -0500

Well said John S., as always. Energetic fundamentals - from a systems
perspective. The work of H.T. Odum is very insightful in this regard.

Of course, the "simply going to *replace* oil with some other fuel" theory
is also a state of denial that doesn't want to notice the massive retrofit
that awaits the settlement patterning in the recently colonized parts of
the world - settlement patterning that was haphazardly installed in an era
of cheap available energy. This coming retrofit is reason to jubilate! N.
America and Australia will finally need to develop some sort of organic,
village-scale infrastructure. This will benefit the people immensely!

Chris Mare
VDI