permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Public radio wants your help covering sustainabilty]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Public radio wants your help covering sustainabilty]
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:47:28 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:29:54 -0800
From: Easton, Jo <jeaston@AMERICANPUBLICMEDIA.ORG>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Hi-

My name is Joellen Easton, and I work for the public radio show
Marketplace <http://www.marketplace.org/>. We've been covering
environmental and energy stories for years, but this fall we’ve made a
commitment to covering sustainability issues in new and deeper
ways. We're treating sustainability in its broadest sense – as an
emerging principle that applies not just to environmental issues, but to
the economy, politics, architecture, design and communities.... And we
need your input.

Marketplace wants to tap the knowledge, insight and direct experience of
people involved in sustainability issues to help inform and design our
coverage... people like you. We’re hoping you’ll also help us find and
break new stories.

I joined the Sustainable Agriculture Network Discussion Group listserv
so I can hear the buzz, discover new and bold ideas, and -- I hope --
engage you as a public source.

Click here <http://www.publicradio.org/sustainabilitysurvey/> to share
your thoughts on issues you think Marketplace should cover. We'll send
you an email every month or two asking for help with specific stories.
You can respond to the ones that are relevant to you, and ignore the rest.

Or if you just want to make contact for now, you can _tell us about your
expertise and interests
<http://americanpublicmedia.publicradio.org/publicinsightjournalism/contact_signup.php>_,
and I'll be in touch about our story plans.

By clicking on either of the above links and filling out the surveys,
you're helping us learn from smart people across the country who are
engaged with sustainability in various ways. You can also email me
directly with questions, ideas for coverage, and tips on stories.

Thanks,

*Joellen Easton*

Analyst, Public Insight Journalism

Marketplace | Marketplace Morning Report | Marketplace Money
American Public Media

/PS: If the links above don't work, try these instead:/

Link to sustainability survey/signup form:
_http://www.publicradio.org/sustainabilitysurvey/_
<blocked::http://www.publicradio.org/sustainabilitysurvey/>
Link to general signup form: