permaculture - [permaculture] Anybody Using Vermicomposting with Toxic Materials?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sustain_ability@123mail.org
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Anybody Using Vermicomposting with Toxic Materials?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:08:36 -0500

Hello!

Anybody Using Vermicomposting with Toxic Materials?

I'm thinking the usual Eisenia foetida, normally used to transform
organic kitchen waste into rich organic fertilizer. (A related thread
occurred on this group before, I believe.)
I'm thinking that toxic wastes might be detoxified as well, or at least
rendered less toxic. Also, can you alter the soil pH to a more basic pH?

Here's a local link:
<http://www.qc.ec.gc.ca/ecoaction/liste_projets/listeprojets_a.asp?categorie=A>

George (Canada)
-- A huge part of the illusion surrounding the cheap oil era is that the only
alternative to modernity is the stone age.

http://www.mogiljansky.tk/ (please ignore the yahoo email address)
sustain_ability@123mail.org

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but differentÂ…

  • [permaculture] Anybody Using Vermicomposting with Toxic Materials?, sustain_ability, 01/20/2006