permaculture - [permaculture] pumpkin seeds?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marjory Glowka" <forestgarden@austin.rr.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] pumpkin seeds?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:51:25 -0600

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with growing pumpkins for thier seeds? I've
ehard of a hullless variety of pumpkin called 'godiva' or something like
that. I was wondering if anyone knew much about it. I live in central
texas, zone 8 (-/+1), with a sandy loam soil. If you've grown the pumpkins,
do you know much about yield? How many pouds of seeds per pumpkin? Easy to
grow? any particular bugs or disease to worry about? Varieites you would
recommend.

I absolutely love eating pumpkin seeds! I primarily eat a fresh raw diet of
nuts, seeds, fruits and veggies. So I am looking forward to providing some
of my own 'feed'.

Thanks,

marjory