permaculture - [permaculture] Dec 3 Event: Liberation Ecology Workshop & Conference

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "rafter t. sass" <geophaestus@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Dec 3 Event: Liberation Ecology Workshop & Conference
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:34:01 -0800

Liberation Ecology Workshop & Conference

Saturday Dec. 3rd 10:00am - 5:00pm
20 Academy St., Poughkeepsie NY
@ the Children's Media Project building.

The Prison Is On Fire...

What are the connections between social justice and ecological design, between fairness and sustainability?

How can we work towards a future where these practices go hand in hand? Where social AND ecological relationships are mutually beneficial?

Join us – local activists, organizers, students, and working people - for a day of popular education, facilitated discussion, and a regional project design workshop, as we work together to discover our answers to these questions, and more.

There will be presentations from regional organizers, across the boundaries of strategy and experience that usually keep justice and sustainability disconnected.

Lunch will be provided. Childcare may be available – please ask.
Attendance is free, donations are warmly welcomed.

“Needs Ecology” is used to refer to those projects that create or revive local and non-industrial infrastructure and food systems.

“Anti-Caste” describes projects that divert the flow of resources out of deeply worn ruts, and channel it across boundaries of racial and socioeconomic community.

We call it Liberation Ecology when a project does BOTH of these things at once!

For more information contact:
theprisonisonfire@yahoo.com

  • [permaculture] Dec 3 Event: Liberation Ecology Workshop & Conference, rafter t. sass, 11/04/2005