permaculture - [permaculture] Parsnips and Phoenix Winter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Greg <FarmerGreg@UrbanFarm.org>
  • To: Cesca@Cornerplotvegetables.co.uk, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Parsnips and Phoenix Winter
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 05:48:14 -0700

Cesca,

We are lucky here in that we have three growing seasons - the growing really never stops. Root crops go in now and are harvested through may as they are harvestable. Same goes for all the greens and brassicas. Snow peas are also good to plant now and will produce a little before it gets cold, but really takes off in January when it warms up.

In October the lows are in the 60's F - 15 c
November the lows are in the 50's F - 10 c
December & January the lows are in the 30's F - 0 c
February is back up to the 40's - 4 c
Then it warms up till July when we hit highs near 120f - 50 c

Hope that answers your questions

Greg
The Urban farm

Sowing parsnips in your autumn/fall? What's your winter like then and when
do you expect to harvest?

Cesca
UK