permaculture - Re: [permaculture] waterproofing yurt canvas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: espervaldo@wanadoo.fr, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] waterproofing yurt canvas
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:13:30 +1000 (EST)

hi
i just got a driazabone rain coat and their great mate, originaly the idea
came from sailors who used old sails as rain coats and wind protectors,
tracking down old methods used by sailors might be of help
martin

Oswaldo <espervaldo@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi everyone, i have read with great attention what had been said about
waterproofing canvas using natural products (oil, beeswax and pine sap). I am
currently experimenting with this recipe too on a heavy flax canvas. I wanted
to hear from people (and especially Yaya since she started the topic) who
tried the recipe to get some feedback. How did it work? How can you make sure
it will stand the sun and not melt (as i saw it happen)? Which are the
proportions that you used? thanks, oswaldo