permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [ediblecontainergardens] Acreage for sale next to our Self-Reliant Farm

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [ediblecontainergardens] Acreage for sale next to our Self-Reliant Farm
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:20:58 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Twoearthandsky@aol.com
Date: July 8, 2005 8:09:53 AM CDT
To: ediblecontainergardens@yahoogroups.com

Acreage for sale next to our Self-Reliant  Farm

Our Farm is a Sustainable Technologies Educational Center which has  taught
food & energy self-reliance skills since 1990. We're long time  students of
Helen & Scott Nearing and have lived and evolved applications of  their examples
since the 70's.

Our goal is to form a Cooperative  Community to share our lifestyle and the
growing, processing and storage of our  mutual year around food supply, and for
the further development of our  educational services to help others achieve
the same.

To a couple,  family or small group who seek intentional community we offer
to sell 8 acres of  undeveloped land bordering our own 8 acres. This land has a
year around stream  running through it and its own deed. Those purchasing
this land must have the  resources and abilities to build upon it on their own.
Open to those without the  resources to purchase is space on our land to build
low-cost shelters.

For cottages industry there are opportunities to develop and teach  classes
related to our educational center. We've also established  infrastructures for
CSA and produce stand sales and have an opening for an  experience organic
grower. We also need people with building trade skills.

Land borders county maintained gravel road w/power & phone hookups.  Road
dead ends 1/2 mile up road into forests w/hiking, X-country skiing &  recreation).

Area: 16 acres (6.5 hectares) (8 acres for sale is  undeveloped with a year
around stream, pure water from mountain). Land Owned By:  Individual community
member(s) (Covenants--Right of First Refusal--No wholesale  harvesting of
timber--No illegal drugs).

Government
Decision Making:  By consensus (Consensus decisions are made on community
projects orientated upon  food and energy self-reliance and the running of the
educational center).  Identified Leader: No  Leadership Core Group: No

Labor and  Money
Financial Style: Members have independent finances. Labor Contribution:
Expected(During food growing and processing season 16 hours per week per person
for food self-reliance. If not possible one may pay another to meet weekly
quotas). Join Fee: Yes(Joining fee is purchasing land bordering our own, or
those without the resources to purchase may exchange labor on lease of their
site).
Regular Fees: Yes(Fees/labor exchange to develop and maintain food and
energy self-reliant systems).

Food, etc.
Percentage of Food Grown: We  grow, process and store 80% of our year around
vegetarian diet-Can do 100% in  community). Share Community Meals: 1 time/week
(Shared meals are voluntary and  planned when convenient).
Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Diet is up to each  individual
Dietary Practice: Primarily vegetarian (We raise no animals for  meat, one
may on own land).
Alcohol Use: Seldom used (We don't drink, smoke  or use drugs).

Shared Spiritual Path: No(We nurture expansive  perspectives on the nature of
reality).
Which Spiritual Path(s): Eclectic  (integrates pieces from many religions).
(Co-creation is welcomed of collective  rituals and spiritual meaning which
nurtures our interconnecting  glue).
Educational Style(s): Public schooled (One may home school, legal in  our
state. Or school bus stops on road bordering land, good school system. Other
children in neighborhood).

Visitor Process: There is much we'll all need  to learn about one another and
make clear on our compatibilities on goals and  other factors before
arranging a visit. We seek people whose response to our  community goal is a strong
and clear YES! We need to be inspired by knowing you  are inspired.  Please
share with us your bios and aspirations.  Hope  to hear from you.

Best Wishes, Daniel & Patti

PS  Please  view photos of our farm at:  <http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?
c=7367si3.yj7f1or&x=0&y=xa8jr0>

Or try:  _http://tinyurl.com/cpmvz_ (http://tinyurl.com/cpmvz)

  • [permaculture] Fwd: [ediblecontainergardens] Acreage for sale next to our Self-Reliant Farm, mIEKAL aND, 07/08/2005