permaculture - [permaculture] relocating

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "mhagood1" <mhagood1@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] relocating
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 07:57:08 -0400

I'm a long-time gardener interested in urban applications of permaculture
principles. I have been living in Norfolk for a few years, working with a
community garden and more recently going green with a tiny house and yard,
getting into the Elizabeth River Project.

My day job has turned sour, however, and I am looking to move. Would like to
connect with permaculture/urban agriculture devotees in the Philadelphia area
(I need to be within striking distance of University of Delaware in Newark,
where I will be finishing a degree---in art history. Am interested in
nontraditional housing possibilities that include urban greening. This is
vague because I don't know where I'm heading, exactly. I have fantasies of
renting a loft with electricity and running water and a weedy back lot or
something. Community garden? Looking to plug in to some good energy and
contribute my own experience, energy, resources.

Martha

  • [permaculture] relocating, mhagood1, 07/03/2005