permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Grass-suppressing plants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Zack Williams - Ashland, Oregon <zack@riseup.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Grass-suppressing plants
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:31:50 +0000 (UTC)

I've got a dozen fruit trees, with no bermuda grass problems, in medium soil
with a fair amount of organic matter and an unusually high water table. 2
apples, 2 peaches, 1 cherry, 2 figs, 2 plums, 1 mulberry, and several fruiting
shrubs, eleagnus, feijoa, elderberry.

To rephrase my question, has anyone had success using ornamental lilies or
other
bulbs as grass suppressers in guilds or otherwise that aren't necessarily as
pungent as alliums?

Thanks,
Zack
Ashland, OR